Music Therapy is a unique approach to psychotherapy that allows Certified Music Therapists (MTAs) to use music and other forms of creativity, within a therapeutic relationship, to achieve clinical goals and promote well-being. Music therapists use creative mediums safely and ethically, in a variety of ways, such as:
- Songwriting to explore life experiences and process trauma
- Creating artwork, while listening to music, to safely allow the client's inner world to come to life
- Playing instruments to validate and shift emotions
- Listening to music and/or engaging in music-based mindfulness exercises to explore grounding in the mind and body
- Engaging in movement to music to allow for a somatic approach to processing difficult experiences, as well as, to explore empowerment and self-confidence
To learn more about music therapy as an approach, visit https://www.musictherapy.ca/about-camt-music-therapy/about-music-therapy/
Find out more, book a free consultation today and get connected with a therapist. To see which one of our therapists offers Music therapy check out our teams page.